Saturday, January 30, 2010

George Soros and the Market

He is claiming that Gold is in the ultimate bubble. Really George, you may want to tell Jim Rogers the same thing.

All kidding aside i think Gold is a horrible investment here. As i have said time and time again most of my account holds TLT. I started buying it around 2 months ago. Been buying in 50 and 100 share lots and hold about $100,000 dollars of it or 1000 shares. This may not be a lot for some people ,but for me it is substantial for me. I fell strongly that the downside is maybe $85 and the upside is $105. I bought more of it on friday when it showed weakness and will keep buying it at these levels.

VXX- i own some VXX also. I have been buying VXX since $42. This has turned out to be a loser for me but my largest purchase and best fill was at $27.50. On Friday i was o tempted to sell some and get this elephant of my back but then looked at the put call ratios. There is still a lot of call buying going on. We need some serious put buying to push this thing back up. From here on out i will not even think about selling VXX until it has an Everest type rise (Vertical Ascent).

UUP- this is an ETF that tracks the US dollar. This fund is a primary holding my account also. I have a stop at $22.66 which was my entry 1st entry and will buy more if we get even close to $23.00. I have purchased UUP at $22.66, $22.90, $23.05. Looking for at least $25.00 as an exit.

Back in October, it realized that my wife had not cashed out of her mutual fund. I quickly called her dad on a bad skype connection telling him to sell it. I told him I thought the market was in for some serious trouble. He couldn't understand my babel about deflation and that the Chinese were going to raise interest rates. I ended up sending him an email that i thought we had seen the top and to sell it. Then corrected my stance and told him that i was short so we were hedged with the mutual fund being long. You can only imagine how much pain i went through over the next two months with market slowly going up. In december he sold that mutual fund right near the top 10,600. Great Job Dean!

Oh yeah, we are back to that exact same level in October 10,000. 3 months to get there 3 weeks to get plunge back down. We took the stairs up and the Bungee cord down.

Here are some Elephants i am looking at for Monday.
BIDU
GOOG
SHLD
AMZN

No comments:

Post a Comment